Since 1908, Middletown Valley Bank has been the cornerstone for our customers’ financial planning, residents and businesses alike. Though many advances of the 21st century have made the financial world smaller, Middletown Valley Bank has provided the strength, flexibility and responsiveness only a true community bank can offer. Combining the friendly customer service of local community bank with state-of-the-art technology, we bring you the best of both new and old.
The first meeting of the Middletown Savings Bank was held on November 12, 1907 in a back room of what was then Grangers Mutual Fire Insurance Company. It was decided at the meeting held later that month to purchase the property where the Middletown Municipal Center is now located for a sum of $2,595. The actual construction was started in 1909, with occupancy occurring in February 1910. The bank transacted business between February 1908 and February 1910 in temporary space acquired. On August 2, 1937, Middletown Savings Bank bought out the failing Valley Bank and moved across the street. At a Board of Directors meeting held August 20, 1965, it was decided to change the name from Middletown Savings Bank to Middletown Valley Bank.
On February 24, 1978, the Board of Directors voted to purchase 60,000 square feet of property at the proposed Middletown Valley Center, and on June 16, 1980, the Middletown branch opened for business. The branch has since been expanded to include five drive-up windows and an ATM.
On November 17, 1987, MVB acquired the Jefferson branch from Maryland National Bank with total assets of $9,000,000. In July of 1992, the bank held a grand opening for the new building complete with four drive-thru windows and ATM.
On March 1, 1999, the bank opened its fourth branch on Ventrie Court in Myersville. The facility has five drive-thru windows and an ATM.
On October 1, 2007, the bank opened its fifth branch on land purchased on Old National Pike in Boonsboro. This branch features four drive-thru windows and the banks first drive-up ATM.
On October 1, 2015, the bank opened its sixth branch on Eastern Blvd in Hagerstown. This branch features four drive-thru widows and the banks second-drive-up ATM.
On November 10, 2017, the bank announced its plan to open its seventh branch on Pennsylvania Ave in Hagerstown. This branch will feature three drive-thru windows and a drive-up ATM.
Today, Middletown Valley Bank is proud to be an independent bank and a part of the Middletown, Jefferson, Myersville, Boonsboro, Hagerstown and surrounding communities.