Customer Associate (Bank Teller)
The Customer Associate (CA) is responsible for accurately and efficiently processing customer transactions over-the-counter and through the drive-thru while recognizing and incorporating cross-sell techniques to further enhance customer services. The CA processes transactions including deposits and withdrawals, checks, official and counter checks, and fielding general account inquiries. All duties will be handled professionally and courteously as is consistent with the service excellence expected from Middletown Valley Bank employees. The CA will assist with the daily balancing operations including customer associate drawer, branch ATM, and branch vault, as well as verification of coin machines and bags, night deposits, and deposits via mail. The CA will complete regular general maintenance of equipment, including coin machines, workstations and check scanners, and ATMs.
- Process customer transactions and requests accurately and efficiently.
- Provides account services to customers including transactions such as deposits and loan payments, cashing checks, completing withdrawals, and completing account updates and maintenance.
- Recognize and incorporate cross-sell techniques to further enhance the services offered to customers.
- Actively refer customers to the Customer Service Manager for products and services.
- Assist with the completion of the daily balancing operations including cash drawers, branch vault cash, and branch ATM.
- Verify and process transactions for coin machines and coin bags, night deposits and deposits via mail.
- Complete general maintenance on equipment such as coin machines, workstations and check scanners, and ATMs as required.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Represent the bank professionally and courteously, consistent with the excellent customer service standards of Middletown Valley Bank
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by management.
- Community Involvement
Qualifications and Requirements
- Eighteen years of age with a high school diploma or a work study program participant.
- Previous customer service, sales, or cash handling experience desirable. Previous banking experience ideal.
- Ability to operate in a professional office environment while servicing customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Basic knowledge of retail banking products and the ability to cross-sell financial products.
- Adaptable in an ever-changing technological and regulatory environment.
- Effective communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to logically prioritize tasks while operating in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Flexibility in schedule sufficient to work days, evenings, or Saturdays.
- Commitment to Middletown Valley Bank’s Code of Ethics.